Jump to navigation Jump to search
Search scout to find additional pages on this wiki
Scouting Season Summary
Scouting team develops and runs data collection, analysis, and activities that to support the Drive and Strategy Teams.
- Know the Rules.
- Know the Game.
- Know your Robot.
- Anticipate how the game will be played.
- Work with Strategy and Drive Team to determine how best to support their goals.
- Determine key factors that will give us strategic advantage and what metrics and information will be valuable.
- Determine how we will effectively and accurately collect this information.
- Review data collection and Analysis methods - what system will we use? Review Apps and other tools.
… what data best complements Blue Alliance data? How will we get this data?
- Shooting (vs. scoring)
- Ability to quickly complete a phase
- How effective is their intake?
- Power Cell Capacity
- Time spent playing defense and how effective (blocking, pressure, etc)
- able to operate Control Panel? “Can they …. ?”
- trench run
- lift, level, assist and location of hang
- Auto starting position
- Can they pass? Receive a pass. Retrieve hard-to-get power cells? Assist in some other way?
- Foul data
- Trending – are they improving?
- What do we expect of them from past events and are they on our radar for events / alliances?
- Did they break down and what component? What was the reason?
Dissecting Scouting Data
example: Information needed for Robot weights during game.
Game Weekend - when everyone becomes a scout
- Lead Scout - coordinate scouting activities with Scouts and Drive and Strategy Teams
- Advanced Scouting – “beyond scoring” - search for key capabilities. example: Defensive skills, developing/improved skills
- Meet with Drive and Strategy teams before the match, after day 1, after qualification matches
- Work on Pick-List with Strategy